Call (702) 541-0882 for home insurance quotes with a lot of different carriers.

Home insurance is a type of property insurance that provides financial protection for your home and its contents in case of damage or loss due to various events like fire, theft, natural disasters, or other perils specified in the policy. It typically covers the physical structure of your home, personal belongings, and liability for injuries that may occur on your property.

Policies can vary in coverage and cost based on factors such as the value of your home, its location, the level of coverage you choose, and any additional riders or endorsements you may add for specific items or risks.

When getting home insurance, it’s essential to understand the coverage limits, deductibles, and any exclusions in the policy. Shopping around and comparing quotes from different insurance providers can help you find the coverage that suits your needs and budget.

Our Agency can help your Home Insurance with a lot of carriers!

A standard home insurance policy insures the home itself along with the things kept inside. Homeowners insurance does not insure the land. When you buy a home, you are also purchasing the land. Therefore, your value of the home dwelling coverage will most likely be lower than what you paid for the whole home.

Homeowner’s policies insures both the property and has liability coverage with a single premium. This means that it covers both damage to one’s property and liability for any injuries and property damage caused by the owner or members of his/her family to other people. It may also include damage caused by household pets. Coverage limits are typically provided as a percentage of the primary Coverage A, which is coverage for the main dwelling.

The cost of homeowner’s insurance often depends on what it would cost to replace the home and which additional endorsements or riders are attached to the policy. The insurance policy is a legal contract between the insurance carrier (insurance company) and the named insured(s). It is a contract of indemnity and will put the insured back to the state he/she was in prior to the loss. Typically, claims due to floods or war (whose definition typically includes a nuclear explosion from any source) are excluded from coverage, amongst other standard exclusions (like termites). Special insurance can be purchased for these possibilities, including flood insurance.



Coverage A Dwelling pays for damage to your house and to structure attached to your house. Damage to your plumbing, electrical wiring, heating, and permanently installed air-conditioning systems are all covered fixtures.


Coverage B Other Structures coverage pays for damage to fences, tool or storage sheds, swimming pools, freestanding garages, guest cottages and other structures not attached to your home.  If you add these types of items after purchasing please make sure you update your agent with the value of the new purchases. Your policy should be endorsed. Other structures coverages starts at 10% of the dwelling value.


Coverage C Personal property coverage reimburses you for the value of your possessions including furniture, electronics, appliances and clothing, damaged or lost even when they aren’t on your property, such as those at an off-site storage locker or with your child at school or college. Any property away from the insured location may be subject to coverage based upon a limited percentage of value or depending on some policies at replacement cost.

Some forms of personal property – such as silverware, computers, guns, money, expensive antiques, and jewelry – have limited coverage under your homeowner’s policy and may need additional insurance.  Additional and broader coverage may be added to your policy by purchasing an endorsement.


Coverage D Additional living expenses or loss of use covers the additional costs of living incurred by a policyholder should they be temporarily displaced from their place of residence.

After a disaster you might not be able to live in your home while repairs are being made. Luckily, most home insurance policies cover additional living expenses or “loss of use” costs that you incur due to a covered loss. Expenses may include limited rental home or motel cost, restaurant meals and storage.

Some examples of covered expenses are hotel bills, apartment rent and meals at restaurants. Some policies will only pay for the difference between what your normal bills are and what you had to pay because of the disaster. For example, if you normally pay $400 for food every month and now you have to pay $600, the company will pay you $200.

This coverage doesn’t cover your normal expenses such as gas, electric, water, or your mortgage and it won’t pay for you to stay in a five-star hotel while your home is being repaired. Your additional living expenses will be covered at your temporary place for the shortest period of time required to repair or replace your home.


Personal Liability covers your legal defense if you are sued and financial loss if found legally responsible for injuries or damages to someone else. This coverage applies to you and all family members who live with you.


Medical Payments pay for persons accidentally injured on your property or away from your property caused by a member of your family or your pets regardless of who is at fault. This coverage does not apply to your injuries or those of family members living with you or to activities involving your at-home business. It also doesn’t cover a vendor who is working on your home.  They should have their own insurance to take care of them. Call us to find out the questions to ask anyone who is working on your home.  They should provide certain documentation that they are covered. We will be glad to help you in any way that we can!(702) 541-0882 Call to get a Home or Renters Insurance Quote

What would happen if a Natural Disaster happened to your home?


Ordinance of law coverage provides limited protection for costs associated with repairing, rebuilding, or constructing a structure when it was damaged due a covered cause of loss. Building codes get updated every three years. The process of updating model codes ensures new technologies, materials and methods, as well as better approaches to health and safety, can be incorporated into the next generation of buildings. If you live in an older home and experience a loss, for instance, you may be more likely to have to upgrade to current building codes compared to living in a newer home that already meets up-to-date requirements.

There are two types of coverages that fall under ordinance or law insurance:

  1. Cost to upgrade: In the event your home is fully or partially destroyed by a covered loss event, ordinance or law coverage will help to cover the costs of updating your house to ensure it meets current building codes.
  2. Rebuilding expenses: If your home needs to be replaced, repaired or upgraded after a loss, ordinance or law insurance will help pay for the efforts needed to meet current building laws or ordinances.

If your home is older, it is important to consider building ordinance coverage. Building codes change periodically, so if your house is badly damaged and you are forced to rebuild all or part of the home you will need to make sure that all the new areas that are built are up-to-code—and this can cost you. A few companies offer policies that will pay for you to have your home rebuilt to code if it’s destroyed.


Endorsements cover your special personal property. If you have especially expensive items, like jewelry, furs or expensive equipment, or art, you may need to purchase an additional type of coverage, called a floater or endorsement. This will allow you to insure each expensive item individually or as a collection based on what the item is worth. Homeowners policies cover person items such as guns, jewelry, business assets, waterbeds, earthquake and flood coverage, paintings, antiques, collections, etc. Peace of mind is knowing that your insured property is properly insured.


Landlord insurance is protection for property owners who rent out owned residential homes, apartments, or condos.

This insurance protection helps property owners recover from financial loss due to damage caused by fire, water, break-ins, severe weather, injuries, and more. Property owners should consider a landlord home insurance policy if they’re responsible for the entire building, including the exterior and roof.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Landlord Insurance covers your dwelling and also provides additional coverage, such as loss of rents (in case a covered loss renders the home unlivable) personal property of the landlord (especially important for furnished rentals, such as airbnb or short term rental properties) and even in some cases personal injury in case of slander.

Is landlord insurance mandatory?

Maybe if you are rich and you can just throw that money away…. It is not exactly mandatory but, your lender who helps finance the property will require coverage to help protect their investment in you.

It’s also important to note that your homeowner’s insurance won’t cover property or liability claims of rental units if you are not living there.

Beyond that requirement, your property is most likely worth a lot! Building fires, dust storms, tornadoes, vandalism, and liability claims are all reasons to have insurance to protect your financial status.

Does landlord insurance have a deductible?

Yes, because being a landlord is a business endeavor and the cost of your insurance will protect your business asset. Than means your can deduct landlord insurance premiums you pay on a rental property. Of course, always talk to your tax person.

Does landlord insurance cover me in natural disasters?

Landlord insurance help cover repairs and replacements after a disaster like a fire or wind, or even hail. If your home is in a flood or earthquake zone, then you will need to get flood and/or earthquake insurance. Your landlord policy will generally not cover floods or earthquake damage.

Is landlord insurance the same as homeowners insurance?

Landlord insurance works the same way as home insurance with a few differences. Real estate investors will not need to insure the personal belongings of each of the units, other than that which they own). That is the responsibility of your renters to carry renters insurance to protect their belongings.

Landlord insurance policies have additional coverages like loss of rental income coverage in case of a covered loss.


Get Help With Your with insuring your manufactured home. Contact Us for Home or Renter Insurance quotes.

It’s important to protect your home with insurance and, if your home happens to be on wheels, there are some special considerations. Much like choosing the right mobile home, you want your mobile home insurance to fit your needs and lifestyle, but you also want the coverage to fit within your budget. Manufactured homes, once commonly referred to as mobile homes, are built in a factory and moved to a chosen location. They aren’t much different than a site-built single-family home.

Here are some guidelines for choosing mobile home insurance.

Insurance coverage for mobile and manufactured homes is usually similar to a standard homeowners policy, offering coverage for the home, your personal property and liability claims. The two basic coverages typically included in mobile home insurance policies are for physical damage and personal liability.

Physical damage coverage pays for accidental damage to your mobile home, belongings or other structures (such as attached patios or decks, garages and storage sheds) resulting from fire, hail, wind, theft and vandalism or falling objects. The amount and degree of coverage varies from one policy to another, so make sure to compare policies carefully. Also note that, like regular homeowners insurance, flooding is not covered. If you are in a flood zone, you can purchase separate flood insurance.

Personal liability coverage protects you when there is a claim or a lawsuit against you after someone is injured or their property is damaged because of your activities. Claims might include medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering.

Get a Manufactured Home Insurance quote today by calling (702) 541-0882.


What is Renter Insurance?

Contact Us for renter insurance quote.

Renters’ insurance, often called tenants’ insurance, is an insurance policy that provides some of the benefits of homeowners’ insurance, but does not include coverage for the dwelling, or structure, with the exception of small alterations that a tenant makes to the structure.

Increasingly, proof of renter’s insurance is required by many landlords. Personal belongings within a rented property are typically not covered under the owner’s or landlord’s property insurance.

For example, if a flood or fire destroys all the personal property within a rented apartment, the structure would be covered under the landlord’s policy, but the personal property would only be covered through a renter’s insurance policy. Without this coverage, the tenant would be responsible for the loss out of pocket.

If you’re a tenant, purchasing a renters insurance policy is almost always worth it, even if it’s not required by your landlord. For an affordable price, renters insurance will protect you against catastrophic damage to your property and potential legal liabilities.

In general, renter’s insurance offers three types of financial protection:

  • Coverage for personal possessions
  • Loss of Use or Additional Living Expenses
  • Liability protection
  • Medical Payments

You can choose between replacement cost or actual cash value (ACV). ACV policies pay only for what an item was worth at the time it was damaged or destroyed. Replacement cost coverage costs more, but it will provide a payout large enough to buy a new item to replace the old one at the current full retail price.

Some possessions should have special coverage called a floater including, but not limited too, guns, jewelry, business property, or fine arts.

Renters insurance does not cover personal property damages caused by flooding, earthquakes, and even sinkholes aren’t covered under renters insurance policies. … Other exceptions : While renters insurance may cover losses to items stolen from your car, it won’t cover your vehicle; that’s what your auto insurance is for.



Builder’s risk insurance, also known as course of construction insurance, is a specialized type of property insurance that helps protect buildings under construction. It protects a person’s or organization’s insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment awaiting installation (or after installation) during the construction or renovation of a building or structure, should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered loss.

Contact Us

Builder’s risk insurance helps protect construction projects from property damage due to:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Hail
  • Explosions
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Acts of God, like hurricanes

Builders risk policies are available for ground-up construction or remodeling projects.


If a Wildfire hits Nevada, What do you do?

While wildfires happen more frequently in the western United States, nearly every state has been devastated by fires in the last century. And each year, hundreds of homes are destroyed as more people choose to live closer to nature.

Before a wildfire

  • Create a defensible space, at least a 30-foot noncombustible zone around your home.
  • Choose fire-resistant plants and trees.
  • Remove or prune low-hanging tree branches.
  • Cut grass and weeds regularly and keep your roof and yard clean, especially from dry yard debris.
  • Stack wood piles or other burnable materials at least 30 feet from your home or other buildings on your property.
  • Keep signs and addresses visible so firefighters can easily locate your property.
  • Rate your roof. Is it fire-resistant?
  • Recycle yard debris and branches instead of burning.

During a wildfire

  • If a wildfire starts in your area, monitor local news reports for evacuation procedures.
  • Prepare for evacuation by turning off gas valves and pilot lights, closing all windows and doors, and packing your car for quick departure if there is time and it is safe to do so.
  • Return to a burned area only when local authorities have instructed you to do so.

After a wildfire

  • Stay out of burned or smoke damaged buildings.
  • Wear protective clothing including sturdy shoes, long pants, a long sleeve shirt, and gloves.
  • Avoid breathing ashes and soot by covering your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or face mask.
  • Watch out for broken glass, sharp objects and exposed electrical wires.
  • Listen to the local radio for up-to-date information.
  • If you were evacuated, don’t return home until local authorities say it’s safe for you to do so.
  • Check your roof immediately for burning embers.
  • Inspect your entire property for signs of burning embers.
  • Put out any sparks or burning embers if you can do so safely.
  • Call the fire department if necessary.


If a Tornado hits Nevada, What do you do?

In an average year, 800 tornadoes are reported nationwide. Homes close to a tornado are often damaged or destroyed by wind, rain, and flying debris.

Before a tornado

You can’t make your home or business tornado-proof, but you can take steps that improve the odds of surviving the high winds. You may want to call on professionals for the more technical jobs.

Start at the top, your roof. Fix any areas that need repair. If you are planning to replace your roof, select materials that are designed to withstand high wind.

If you are planning to replace your windows, select impact-resistant window systems, which have a much better chance of surviving a major windstorm.

Anchor door frames securely to wall framing. Make certain your doors have at least three hinges and a deadbolt security lock with a bolt at least one inch long.

During a tornado

If a tornado is headed your way and you are in a building, move to an underground shelter or interior room or hallway on the lowest floor.

Stay away from windows and corners.

If you’re in your car, get out immediately and find safe shelter or lie flat in a ditch. Do not take shelter under an overpass or a bridge.

Flying debris causes most injuries and fatalities, so use your arms to protect your head and neck.

After a tornado

Heavy rain is often a part of tornadoes and windstorms. The longer your home is exposed to water, the more damage you’ll see to your roof, ceiling, walls and floors, as well as any personal belongings you have inside. It’s important to take some steps to protect yourself and your property from any further damage after a tornado.

  • Board up broken windows and doors.
  • Cover roof damage with tarps or plywood and remove debris.
  • Move any wet items to a dry area.
  • If possible, place any damaged items in a safe, secure area where they can be inspected later.
  • Save receipts for any temporary repair expenses.
  • Cover broken car windows with tarps or plastic sheeting.


If a Hurricane hits Nevada, What do you do?

We’ve all seen the dramatic effect hurricanes can have, both the initial wind and rain and the floods and devastation that follow. There are steps you can take to stay safe and reduce damage to your property in the event of a storm.

Note that neither home nor business insurance covers flood damage from a hurricane, including floods from storm surges. Your local independent agent can help you purchase a policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.

Before a hurricane

  • Install storm shutters.
  • Remove yard debris, such as dead tree limbs, that could become flying missiles.
  • Have a safe place to park your cars and/or store your boat.
  • Make sure you, your family and/or employees know how to shut off utilities.
  • Look through your emergency kit to ensure it is fully stocked and up to date with necessities for all household members, including pets.
  • Back up computer records and store them at least 50 miles offsite.
  • Gather important papers to take with you if you must evacuate, including inventory lists and insurance information.

During a hurricane

  • Know your community’s evacuation plan and, if asked to evacuate, do so immediately.
  • Stay inside and away from windows, skylights, and glass doors. Avoid elevators.
  • Avoid washed out and wet roads that can hide downed electrical lines or underlying currents that can carry your vehicle away.

After a hurricane

Water is a major cause of damage after hurricanes. The longer your house is exposed to water, the more damage you’ll see to your roof, ceiling, walls, and floors, as well as any personal belongings inside. After the storm has passed, it’s important to dry out any water damaged inside your home.

  • Open windows and doors to allow air to circulate and speed up the drying process.
  • Clean up any broken glass and remove debris.
  • Board up broken windows and doors.
  • Cover roof damage with tarps or plywood.
  • Save receipts for any temporary repair expenses.
  • Cover broken car windows with tarps or plastic sheeting.
  • Move any wet items to a dry place.
  • If possible, place any damaged items in a safe, secure area where they can be inspected later.

Copyright © 2023 Get Help With Insurance – All Rights Reserved.