Call (702) 541-0882 for flood insurance quotes.

Flood insurance is a specific type of insurance coverage designed to protect property owners from financial losses due to flooding. Traditional homeowner’s insurance policies typically do not cover damage caused by flooding, so flood insurance acts as a separate policy to provide coverage for such instances.

This insurance can help cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding a property that has been damaged by a flood. It usually covers structural damage to the building itself, as well as certain contents within the property, depending on the policy.

Flood insurance is often offered through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) in the United States, which is managed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). However, some private insurers also offer flood insurance policies.

Premiums for flood insurance are typically based on factors like the property’s location (particularly its flood risk), the building’s structure, and the desired coverage amount. Properties situated in high-risk flood zones might have higher premiums compared to those in lower-risk areas.

It’s essential to understand the terms and coverage limitations of a flood insurance policy, especially regarding what constitutes a flood and what damages are covered or excluded.

Damage to your home caused by an flood is not covered by your standard homeowners, renters, or business insurance policy. Flood insurance must be purchased to have damages from an earthquake covered. Flood insurance provides funding to repair flood-damaged property.

Are natural disasters rare or common enough to buy insurance? We’ve all seen the recent natural disasters in the United States and abroad cause a very large impact on our finances.

If you were to fall victim to a natural disaster, could you pay for the damages out-of-pocket? If you don’t have flood insurance, you will!

Could any of us depend on the government for assistance?

Standard homeowners insurance generally does not cover damage directly caused by either a flood or an earthquake. Federal disaster assistance is usually in the form of loans or grants and is only available if the damage is widespread and very serious, and the affected area is declared a disaster area by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

If you’re deciding whether to buy flood or earthquake insurance (or both), consider the following questions:

  • Do you live in a high-risk area?
  • Do you know what flood plane you are in?
  • Have you assessed the potential cost of repairs?
  • Do you have sufficient resources to repair, replace, or rebuild?
  • Can you minimize potential losses by fortifying your property and securing your personal belongings?

Get A LOT of earthquake insurance quotes by calling (702) 541-0882.

What is the best time to prepare for a flood?



Other pictures during a flood:

Copyright © 2023 Get Help With Insurance – All Rights Reserved.